Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cheers to Maturity.

If at the beginning of the year someone, anyone, would've told me where I'd be at now. I wouldn't have believed them. This year started out horrible, beyond horrible. Losing my uncle before my birthday, was the worst way to kick off the new year.  Well, the year is almost over and his birthday is coming up. Its 7 am and im itching to write to spit out words and emotions that haven't even come to my mind yet which is probably why im rambling ohhh well here it goes:




"No one is going to take care of you better than yourself, remember that Geniece"
-Barbara Jean Riccardi


A wise girl once told me not to get temporary people confused with permanent.
Her words of wisdom were shared right before I became wallpaper in the house of her life.
She was right.
Theres a very thin line between the two and usually its hard to spot the difference.
There is one thing I've learned though
The difference doesn't matter, because in the end we're all temporary.
Im making my life.
Attempting to do the best I possibly can 
without the tangles of dependence 
or the belief that things are going to be easy.
Im sticking to my happiness.
Soon, enough I'll fly from the cage they so long had me limp in.
It will be done, for everyone that doubted.
It will be done, for everyone that pushed me down.

It will be done for me
It will be done by me.
Its time.


Cheers to maturity.



xoxo biiiird

No comments:

Post a Comment