Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Starting over.

Lately, I haven't entirely been myself.
So much was crumbling around me that I as well began to crumble.
But I'm too vain to let that happen to me
In my moment of weakness, they must have heard my plee
because I havent felt their presence this strong around me since their funerals.
I wish I could say I feel her hugs and warm embrace.
But its nothing of the sort
I wish I could say I hear his laugh,
but I don't
I feel them, I do.
I feel him watching me as the flame slowly burns away my sadness
I feel her when my sadness makes me wanna scream at the top of my lungs.
I smell his cologne as I sweep the empty dining room at work.
I crave them to be whole
I want a hug.
I want a voice.
I want a familiar face and soul.
I need them more than anything now
and I honestly believe they know that.



xoxox
BiRd

No comments:

Post a Comment